Home Forums Dr. Fletch – “Ask the Doc” Forum feedback..

• Creator
    Topic

Rob Reynolds
    Participant

Hi Guy, first post on new site. Layout is nice but I’m not a fan of the forum pages – I see that you have received similar comments and looking by the reduction in posts I see that possibly many are either confused / bewildered and have lost the will to contribute! This is a shame as the previous version (for all of its perceived faults as it has been pointed out) was simple, effective and popular. Cosmetically this site is an improvement but user friendly it just isn’t. Sorry to say this but I’m just offering some constructive feedback.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Icelander
    Participant

Guy, it took me awhile to figure out the new forum system but once I got my head around it I found it fairly simple and a “TRUE” forum system. It seems to me that the older version was more of a “Q&A” but whatever you decide to do, I will support it. Cheers!

JulioJulio
    Participant

Also, when you post something for the first time and Guy answers, you can see easily that “it´s answered”, but if you reply to that answer and Guy answers again, you don´t see that unless you check…

bombur
    Participant

A musical of some ilk?

Whatever it is, will we salivate and drool on hearing?

JulioJulio
    Participant

Dear Guy

There is something I like from this forum, and it´s the fact that you can answer directly to other posters when you know the answer to what they are asking, or comment to other forumers comments. It´s true that the “Ask the doc” section needs time to get used to it, but when you do, it´s nice.

What I don´t like is that the forum has a dark background and the letters are in white, is difficult to read and very unfriendly. I would change that , and maybe try to make more easy to know when Guy answers our questions.

NathalieNathalie
    Participant

Right now that forum is weirdly organized, first message of the topic stays on top, followed by most recent answers. That’s not what people are used to nowadays (and imho, not logical). I think it should simply be topics with answers ordered by date, from oldest to most recent so that last message really is the last message. That way people can easily discuss about stuff.

But going back to the old system would be a shame !

My thoughts exactly.

Gary WhitsGary Whits
    Participant

This forum system is much better for Guy. It means I can’t pester him lol

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Gary Whits Gary Whits.
    JMW-R2R1013
    Participant

I am going to give this a try. I too find the new format more than a little awkward. Specifically, I have been trying to create a new post. I think I did the right thing with new sign in information etc. I clicked “New Topic”, wrote my piece, clicked submit, but the post has not shown up. ??

In case this works-the gist of my post was whether anyone knows a source for a tab or sheet music for Father and Son?

Hope everything gets sorted out.

Robin
    Participant

I have to say that I disagree !

Right now that forum is weirdly organized, first message of the topic stays on top, followed by most recent answers. That’s not what people are used to nowadays (and imho, not logical). I think it should simply be topics with answers ordered by date, from oldest to most recent so that last message really is the last message. That way people can easily discuss about stuff.

But going back to the old system would be a shame ! That was archaic! (Great but archaic). That kind of thing hasn’t been seen on the internet since 1996 (I verified that fact)! Proper forums are not hard to get used to guys, you’ll know that when this one gets more “normal”. (I can help if needed Guy 😉 and would even be happy to stick a little tutorial note after that!)

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Agreed, will bring back the old system….just as soon as I can find someone who can code it. Right now I’m locked into a WordPress core.

G

Hi Guy, first post on new site. Layout is nice but I’m not a fan of the forum pages – I see that you have received similar comments and looking by the reduction in posts I see that possibly many are either confused / bewildered and have lost the will to contribute! This is a shame as the previous version (for all of its perceived faults as it has been pointed out) was simple, effective and popular. Cosmetically this site is an improvement but user friendly it just isn’t. Sorry to say this but I’m just offering some constructive feedback.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.