Home Forums Dr. Fletch – “Ask the Doc” Megan & The Common Threads

• Creator
    Topic

Stony
    Participant

Congratulations, Guy, on the Megan & The Common Threads Project at British Grove that I recently discovered by chance on Youtube. They are such talented musicians and songwriters and the samples of the recordings you did that I heard so far sound really excellent and dynamic. I suggest this band as a support act on a potential future MK Tour because I think the audiences would appreciate it, it would fit very well with Marks Music, it would give Megans Band a platform that they deserve artistically and maybe we could even get some duets of the lovely Megan with Mark. Best Regards, Oliver from Berlin.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Stony.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Stony
    Participant

Thanks Nathalie for the tip about the advance purchase possibility. I discovered the band on Youtube while looking if there was a new video out by Guy Flechter, since he has a new album out too. I came across the “Rehearsal with Guy Flechter”-vid. and was immmediately intrigued by the band’s sound, style and musical chemistry, also visible and hearable in the in-studio teaser video. I think this band has great potential for broader success and hope to be able to see them live one day in Germany (that’s why I proposed them as a support act on a potential future tour of Mark Knopfler – don’t know if that would be possible, but it seems like a nice idea to me – MK sharing the stage with the young talents). Have a nice weekend. Cheers, Oliver

NathalieNathalie
    Participant

I purchased the EP in advance through their crowdfunding thingie and received it this week. I absolutely love it. I knew it would be a good (sounding) record, with Guy involved but I was blown away by the quality of the songs, the melodies, lyrics, the musicians…They are really talented, where did you find them (or did they find you?). I hope we will hear more from them!

Stony
    Participant

The EP is definitely on my purchasing list. Cheers, Oliver

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Thanks Oliver, yes, it was fun to record them and the songs are very nice. Looking forward to the release of the EP which will be available on this site as well as elsewhere.

G

Congratulations, Guy, on the Megan & The Common Threads Project at British Grove that I recently discovered by chance on Youtube. They are such talented musicians and songwriters and the samples of the recordings you did that I heard so far sound really excellent and dynamic. I suggest this band as a support act on a potential future MK Tour because I think the audiences would appreciate it, it would fit very well with Marks Music, it would give Megans Band a platform that they deserve artistically and maybe we could even get some duets of the lovely Megan with Mark. Best Regards, Oliver from Berlin.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.