• Creator
    Topic
    Julio
    Julio
    Participant

I posted this in the first days of the new forum, so probably Guy missed it, now that I noticed I can create topic I post this again, sorry to bother:

Hello Doc, Did you watched ROADIES, the tv series created by Cameron Crowe? As you probably know, Crowe used to be a Rolling Stone journalist during the 70’s, following some of that era greatest bands on tour, like Led Zeppelin, and he made some films like ALMOST FAMOUS about the touring bands. This tv series he created is about touring but focused, as the name says, in the roadies. I liked it a lot and I discovered that thanks to your great diaries, I was quite familiar with everything that is shown in every chapter. If you haven’t seen it, do i when you can, I hope you like it. I watched the last episode yesterday and I thought that I had to thank you to share with us not only what you live on tour, but also who are these wonderful people that are around the musicians setting up everything, living on a bus etc etc that are unknown to the audience, but withouth whom , there won´t be any concert or tour at all. The first episode starts with a Tom Petty quote “I just go on stage and play music, they do the show, without them, there is no show”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

I actually did answer this but never mind, lost in the complexities of my own creation….my reply went something like – Yes, I saw a few snippets of the show, brave attempt but it reminded me a bit of ‘Nashville’ on the road. Too many inaccuracies for anyone who’s spent time out there. Also, it did rather strike me that the crew are MUCH prettier than the band! Also, if you ever watched any road crew load in or out, you’ll see real sweat. Lighting guys don’t hang from the truss and FOH never set up their own desk.

Just saying’

G

I posted this in the first days of the new forum, so probably Guy missed it, now that I noticed I can create topic I post this again, sorry to bother:

Hello Doc, Did you watched ROADIES, the tv series created by Cameron Crowe? As you probably know, Crowe used to be a Rolling Stone journalist during the 70’s, following some of that era greatest bands on tour, like Led Zeppelin, and he made some films like ALMOST FAMOUS about the touring bands. This tv series he created is about touring but focused, as the name says, in the roadies. I liked it a lot and I discovered that thanks to your great diaries, I was quite familiar with everything that is shown in every chapter. If you haven’t seen it, do i when you can, I hope you like it. I watched the last episode yesterday and I thought that I had to thank you to share with us not only what you live on tour, but also who are these wonderful people that are around the musicians setting up everything, living on a bus etc etc that are unknown to the audience, but withouth whom , there won´t be any concert or tour at all. The first episode starts with a Tom Petty quote “I just go on stage and play music, they do the show, without them, there is no show”.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.