Home Forums Dr. Fletch – “Ask the Doc” Something different…

• Creator
    Topic

Rob Reynolds
    Participant

So your top secret studio work is still a closely guarded secret – except that it is “different….” The plot thickens! With respect to the incredibly talented musicians who play these instruments does this mean no pipes, flutes, wind, dare I say “comfort zone” folk material etc that has been the staple MK sound for the last 10 years? Can we expect some good old proper rocking sounds??? (Oh if only…)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Dmac
    Participant

My guess is a new straits record first of all and then they will tour including a slot at next years desert festival in the u.s. thats a very exciting project(s)

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Nope

G

Guy, is “Playtime Deluxe” a clue of why this project is different in any way?

JulioJulio
    Participant

Theory 81. So tell me Guy, is it the original Dire Straits line up with David and Pick or is it one of the more recent set ups? Think I’ve just about covered every base now. One of them must be right!

David is touring Germany so the original line up can´t be 😉

NoclaimtofameNoclaimtofame
    Participant

Theory 81. So tell me Guy, is it the original Dire Straits line up with David and Pick or is it one of the more recent set ups? Think I’ve just about covered every base now. One of them must be right!

JulioJulio
    Participant

Something different……. Based on Playtime Deluxe from Bill Wyman’s 80th celebration, I think it’s going to be a blues album. How fabulous would that be?!!

That´s not something different, half of “Privateering” is already a blues album…

Guy, is “Playtime Deluxe” a clue of why this project is different in any way?

DenaeDenae
    Participant

Something different……. Based on Playtime Deluxe from Bill Wyman’s 80th celebration, I think it’s going to be a blues album. How fabulous would that be?!!

Hamish
    Participant

For a new album it’s a bit early for the band. Usually the dynamic duo in the studio for few weeks or months before the band arrives. So my guess is. Olld blue eyes has seen his back catalogue support generous pension schemes for Tom, Dick and Harry. Some of them were semi-attached to the band for five minutes. On tamboure. He still likes some of the old tunes but he doesn’t want the headband thing again. Not at 80 or however old his age is now. So lets cash out with a studio/live Straits tribute album. Which the band mostly knows already. C’est juste mes deux centimes.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.