Home Forums Dr. Fletch – “Ask the Doc” The new project at BG

• Creator
    Topic
    Jagry
    Jagry
    Participant

Hey Doc,

is it only you and Mark at the moment at BG?

Best, Dom

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • JagryJagry
    Participant

Hey Doc,

Best, Dom

At the moment, yes, just me and Mark although we do have a band session next week.

And …

How did the band session went Doc?

Best, D

JulioJulio
    Participant

If Guy tells us all what’s going on 1) Where is the surprise? 2) What if it’s not what your expecting? It could be disappointing. Let’s not forget that British Grove is a commercial studio and it’s not just Guy & Mark that use it. Be patient old bean

1/ There is not going to be any surprise either 😛
    2/ Nothing at all
    3/ It is indeed a commercial studio, we all know. It doesn´t have anything to do about what we are talking about.
    4/ I don´t have any hurry, I can wait until christmas, because, yes, is going to be a christmas record, like the Dylan ones…

Take surprise!

😉

Gary WhitsGary Whits
    Participant

If Guy tells us all what’s going on 1) Where is the surprise? 2) What if it’s not what your expecting? It could be disappointing. Let’s not forget that British Grove is a commercial studio and it’s not just Guy & Mark that use it. Be patient old bean

JulioJulio
    Participant

This kind of things are always fun for me, as I cannot understand what´s the problem about telling what they are doing… I recall Guy saying I think it was last year, about he was producing a record for a well known artist that he couldn’t reveal… and it ended being a Bill Wyman record. He was a Rolling Stone, and he’s a very talented and recognized solo artist but… why it was so mysterious to not talk about it? if it was that he was produced something really big and important… but that Wyman record went on sale and many people didn´t noticed… of course is an artist choice that has to be respected but, from the point of view of the fans, looks innecesary…

Same happened with Bap Kenedy record. After some months of talking about an exciting project that cannot be revealed, we found out that it was MK producing a Bap Kennedy record that, well, yes, was a very good record but… was it really necessary to make it misterious? I recall that when it was revealed it was a dissapoinment for many fans, the mystery makes us going big, LOL

I don´t know what MK and Guy are doing, Guy cannot reveal, and it logically make us fans to imagine what could be, and as it´s mysterious, we think big… a Straits comeback, a record with Eric Clapton or other big caliber artist etc… and as it happened before, it will be probably something fantastic, but I doubt that will meet any expectations that the mystery makes us think about… And many will think “All that mystery, for that?”

I hope i’m wrong, actually, I´m not expecting big as I rely on previous disapoinments, LOL

Best regards

Erwin
    Participant

Hello Guy, When do you think there will be some official news about the project you are working on at BG. Will it be this year???

NoclaimtofameNoclaimtofame
    Participant

Hello Guy. I am getting in early. Please twist Marks arm….what-ever it takes….please ask him to come to Australia for the next tour.

Stephen ButlerStephen Butler
    Participant

Please don’t let it be what I think it is; a trumped-up version (ha ha haaaa…zzzzz) of ‘Why Aye Man’ for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Gary WhitsGary Whits
    Participant

Cor, they impatient aren’t they ? lol

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Trust me Terri, if I could, I would.

G

Very nice try, Dom. I looked up famous quotes about impatience. Evidently, most intelligent people view impatience as a not very nice trait. That being said, I am impatient. Guy, could you and MK not give us just a little smidgen, a little hint, a tiny glint of light at the end of the tunnel? Just to keep us impatient folks from withering away in despair? By the way, just ordered the new album. It sounds wonderful, and can’t wait to hear the whole thing. Best wishes from Texas…..Shawn L.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
    JulioJulio
    Participant

Hey Doc,

Best, Dom

At the moment, yes, just me and Mark although we do have a band session next week.

Who are playing in this band session? The folkies? The rythmic section? everybody?

Looking forward updates on what you call “exciting projects” LOL

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Hey Doc,

Best, Dom

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Hey Guy,
    When are you going to send your new album to us fans ?
    Patrick

If you’ve ordered the CD’ it’s on its way. If you’ve pre-ordered the LP, it will be a few more weeks. Downloads will be available soon

G

The tennismanThe tennisman
    Participant

Hey Guy,
    i’ve just received High Roads yrsterday and listened to it already twice !
    Nice album with a 70’s feeling on a few songs.I love it !
    Thank you for the nice drawing,i suppose this is a fox.
    Patrick

ToyTrains
    Participant
    The tennismanThe tennisman
    Participant

Hey Guy,
    When are you going to send your new album to us fans ?
    Patrick

Terri Shawn
    Participant

Very nice try, Dom. I looked up famous quotes about impatience. Evidently, most intelligent people view impatience as a not very nice trait. That being said, I am impatient. Guy, could you and MK not give us just a little smidgen, a little hint, a tiny glint of light at the end of the tunnel? Just to keep us impatient folks from withering away in despair? By the way, just ordered the new album. It sounds wonderful, and can’t wait to hear the whole thing. Best wishes from Texas…..Shawn L.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.