Home Forums Guy Fletcher Dr. Fletch welcome

• Creator
    Topic
    Dr. Fletch
    Dr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Welcome……it’s about time I upgraded the forum. Please feel free to contribute in the normal manner and I will be ready and willing to answer.
    cheers

Dr. Fletch

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Dr. Fletch Dr. Fletch.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

I went for drinkie poo’s at the Mawson Arms yesterday and got there via British Grove. It’s a lovely street and all very closed in so is there a noise issue or are the studios extremely well sound insulated ?

Hi Gary, yes, British Grove is extremely well insulated, it’s a building within a building. I hope you enjoyed your pint at the Mawson, sorry we couldn’t join you….a bit busy right now. We don’t always make it over there for the 8pm closing time! btw, we were in.

G

Gary WhitsGary Whits
    Participant

I went for drinkie poo’s at the Mawson Arms yesterday and got there via British Grove. It’s a lovely street and all very closed in so is there a noise issue or are the studios extremely well sound insulated ?

HopheadHophead
    Participant

i don’t know. May be in the minority here, but navigating this new site and the forum is horrible. Cant readily see new postings, responses by guy or much of anything very clearly. yuck.

It’s just a matter of time to get used, that’s a “real forum” here. On the older website the “forum” was more like a questions and answers page…

Cheers

Have to agree. I don’t think Guy wants to just have a Q&A board. The current set up will eventually lead to more discussions between members, and not just, “Hey Guy, what strings did Mark use when playing Telegraph Road in Spain 20 years ago?”

Lol! Good one Cheney! I myself like the new forum structure with the ability for us it discuss things.

qjamesfloyd
    Participant

Hello Guy, your website is looking a lot better. I can’t wait to hear your new album.

Mike ChildMike Child
    Participant

strange Mike as the old site doesn’t exist on that url. Must be a cache problem..maybe?

Guy

Possibly…either way that problem seems to have righted itself now. Initially I removed the ‘www’ from the beginning of the web address, which then took me to the new site, but now it works regardless.

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

Hi there Guy!
    Nice website, looks very ’60s but in a more stylish way! My beloved man Carlo says the cover of your new album has a “pinkfloydian” feeling. Now I’ll go around on the website for a while and… pre-order!
    Well done, Dr. Fletch!
    Isabella

Thanks Isabella, apologies for the slight frustration of the forum format, we are working on it

Guy

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

And I’m in. Very nicely designed new website. I just listened to a couple of samples from the new record and it sounds terrific. Will be ordering both vinyl and CD very shortly and I look forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Only issue with the site at the moment is that when I try to access it on my iPhone, all I get is the old website. Strange!

strange Mike as the old site doesn’t exist on that url. Must be a cache problem..maybe?

Guy

Dr. FletchDr. Fletch
    Keymaster

i don’t know. May be in the minority here, but navigating this new site and the forum is horrible. Cant readily see new postings, responses by guy or much of anything very clearly. yuck.

Yep, so far, I have to agree…my reluctance to respond has been partly due to a VERY busy schedule at the moment but I do miss the old system. I’m looking at ways of getting that back on board or at least something along those lines.

Guy

AidanAidan
    Participant

Hi Guy, Great new look to the site ! I’ll spend some time navigating around before I think of something worth posting !

Cheney Coker
    Participant

It’s just a matter of time to get used, that’s a “real forum” here. On the older website the “forum” was more like a questions and answers page…

Cheers

Have to agree. I don’t think Guy wants to just have a Q&A board. The current set up will eventually lead to more discussions between members, and not just, “Hey Guy, what strings did Mark use when playing Telegraph Road in Spain 20 years ago?”

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Cheney Coker.
    NellyNelly
    Participant

Cheers 😉

wcreaser
    Participant

JulioJulio
    Participant

Hello Doc, Did you watch ROADIES, the tv series created by Cameron Crowe? As you probably know, Crowe used to be a Rolling Stone journalist during the 70’s, following some of that era greatest bands on tour, like Led Zeppelin, and he made some films like ALMOST FAMOUS about the touring bands. This tv series he created is about touring but focused, as the name says, in the roadies. I liked it a lot and I discovered that thanks to your great diaries, I was quite familiar with everything that is shown in every chapter. If you haven’t seen it, do i when you can, I hope you like it. I watched the last episode yesterday and I thought that I had to thank you to share with us not only what you live on tour, but also who are these wonderful people that are around the musicians setting up everything, living on a bus etc etc that are unknown to the audience, but withouth whom , there won´t be any concert or tour at all. The first episode starts with a Tom Petty quote “I just go on stage and play music, they do the show, without them, there is no show”.

How do we know if Guy reads this, when there is no answer? With previous forum was obvious when Guy left it blank, now that is published at the very same moment you send it, you never know if he read it and choose not to reply or if he never notice…

JulioJulio
    Participant

…and some exciting projects upcoming!. This sentence in your new “ABOUT” section caught my attention… I was waiting for info about your new record and what MK and you are working on with the revamped site. Good news about your new record, looking forward to listen to it but nothing yet about those exciting projects upcomin. I know that good old Doc cannot reveal too much but, what about some clues that could make this waiting more easy? 😉

How do we know if Guy reads this, when there is no answer? With previous forum was obvious when Guy left it blank, now that is published at the very same moment you send it, you never know if he read it and choose not to reply or if he never notice…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Julio Julio.
    JagryJagry
    Participant

Looks good now! Thanks! 😉

Still one thing, this topics are dropped under the wrong forum I think. They’re under the “Guy Fletcher” forum. As this is the forum to post links to articles, interviews etc.

We’re getting there for sure! 😉

LeonLeon

Good news, just sorted out the issue, and now you don’t even have to choose the forum, it should position in the forum you are already in 😀

JagryJagry
    Participant

Welk that’s just the problem, there’s no drop down box! 😕

LeonLeon

Hi Leon,

creating a new topic is no problem, but I can’t link the new topic to a forum!

If you click (No Forum), a drop down box should appear with all available forums 😉

It’s not the preferred solution, but we are trying to figure a way around this

Leon, the security reason makes sense but what doesn´t makes sense is linking the forum account with the shop account, as long as Guy is not releasing records every month so we won´t be buying constantly from the shop, doesn´t makes sense having a high security account for the daily forum life and really only benefit of the security buying once in two or three years as Guy keeps busy working with other artists. I´m sure there are secure platforms that can be used for the shop and avoid it in the forum, where it´s not needed at all.
    Best regards

As frustrating as it is unfortunately it isn’t something that can be unlinked. Both Woocommerce and BBPress run using the WordPress core, so, when you create an account, it’s actually an account on the core software on this site, and both the forum and shop requires that account, if you understand what I mean.

I’m really sorry about that

JulioJulio
    Participant

Leon, that works when you always use your own computer, but when you are at work, or in other place with another one that is not yours, auto fill and “remember the password” is not an option.

Dang, I’m really sorry about that. It looks like it isn’t something that can be easily changed, as it’s actually a requirement set by the WooCommerce platform for security reasons. I’ll have a bit of a further look to see if there is any other way to untighten the rules a bit on that.

Leon, the security reason makes sense but what doesn´t makes sense is linking the forum account with the shop account, as long as Guy is not releasing records every month so we won´t be buying constantly from the shop, doesn´t makes sense having a high security account for the daily forum life and really only benefit of the security buying once in two or three years as Guy keeps busy working with other artists. I´m sure there are secure platforms that can be used for the shop and avoid it in the forum, where it´s not needed at all.
    Best regards

NoclaimtofameNoclaimtofame
    Participant

Hi Guy. I got there eventually. Re registering caused a little grief. Great looking website and new album cover. It puts me in the mind of some of Pink Floyd’s graphic work. I have had another epiphany….theory 38. Its a duets album. Mark is putting together a duets album with every significant artist he has worked with over the years. By my account that should be a 7 or 8 disc release. Feel like I’m on the money with this one!

JagryJagry
    Participant

Oooooops,

think the whole “Dr. Fletch” forum is now copied to the “Guy Fletcher” forum ….

JagryJagry
    Participant

Another issue Guys,

It’s not possible to add a topic to the “Guy Fletcher” forum, …. or I’m doing somethingwrong!

Best, Dom

I’ve just made a test account and was able to create a topic. There should be a link that says ‘New Topic’ above the forum list towards the left

Hi Leon,

creating a new topic is no problem, but I can’t link the new topic to a forum!

LeonLeon

Another issue Guys,

It’s not possible to add a topic to the “Guy Fletcher” forum, …. or I’m doing somethingwrong!

Best, Dom

I’ve just made a test account and was able to create a topic. There should be a link that says ‘New Topic’ above the forum list towards the left

JagryJagry
    Participant

Another issue Guys,

Best, Dom

LeonLeon

Leon, that works when you always use your own computer, but when you are at work, or in other place with another one that is not yours, auto fill and “remember the password” is not an option.

Dang, I’m really sorry about that. It looks like it isn’t something that can be easily changed, as it’s actually a requirement set by the WooCommerce platform for security reasons. I’ll have a bit of a further look to see if there is any other way to untighten the rules a bit on that.

The good thing about the old “forum” was that it was easy to find the answer to your own question. As we now basically can interact with each other, it will be trickier for Guy to answer (I think) and for us to find the answer.

Maybe the Q&A section should be strictly Q&A, and if others want to discuss a question further, that discussion could happen in a sub-section with the relevant question quoted in the first post, or maybe as the topic of a separate thread.

Just a thought.

The new site looks very nice by the way, and the new album (albeit a little too “pop” for my tastes) sounds terrific. It would be worth buying it just to play it on a high-end sound system. Well done, Guy.

We’ve just implemented several new features to help keep track. Firstly, when the doc answers a question, the prefix [answered] will appear in the topic title. I also set the default reply order to have the latest messages appear at the top (and the original post at the very top)

I am hoping to find a way to pin specific replies to the top so that we can use it for answers to questions, I’m sure this can be done one way or another 🙂

Also, quoting is now enabled 😀

Thomas
    Participant

The good thing about the old “forum” was that it was easy to find the answer to your own question. As we now basically can interact with each other, it will be trickier for Guy to answer (I think) and for us to find the answer.

Maybe the Q&A section should be strictly Q&A, and if others want to discuss a question further, that discussion could happen in a sub-section with the relevant question quoted in the first post, or maybe as the topic of a separate thread.

Just a thought.

The new site looks very nice by the way, and the new album (albeit a little too “pop” for my tastes) sounds terrific. It would be worth buying it just to play it on a high-end sound system. Well done, Guy.

Dmac
    Participant

Exciting projects upcoming! Was thinking about this as many will be, i dont think this is anything to do with a new mk album Guy has never held this info before esp as they have been in the studio for awhile now. John illsley said a few weeks back he was in studio also. Coincidence maybe? Or mark john and guy working on something? One last record and tour as dire straits? Its now or never as both mark and john getting on! A dream for us fans!!!

JulioJulio
    Participant

pstanpeds
    Participant

Great new website and I enjoyed reading your bio. Love all of your albums. Can’t wait to hear your new one released in 2 days. I love your diaries and have seen you many times. I took you up on buying a 360 sound receiver and enjoy it every day in the kitchen and out by the pool.

LeonLeon

Apologies about that, Julio.

The reason why the password rules are fairly strict is because the forum account is also linked to your shop account. So any downloads that you may purchase will be linked to it. Having a strong password means that someone is far less likely to breach your account.

A lot of computers nowadays have autofill features where you can securely store your password on your computer ready to use whenever. So this may be something worth investigating further 😉

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.